4.8.05

I don't want to get over you

Portada de 69 Love Songs

[Portada de 69 Love Songs]

"I don't want to get over you / I guess I could take a sleeping pill / and sleep at will / and not have to go through / what I go through / I guess I should take Prozac, right, / and just smile all night / at somebody new / Somebody not too bright / but sweet and kind / who would try to get you off my mind / I could leave this agony behind / which is just what I'd do / if I wanted to / but I don't want to get over you / cause I don't want to get over love / I could listen to my therapist, / pretend you don't exist, / and not have to dream of / what I dream of / I could listen to all my friends / and go out again / and pretend it's enough / or I could make a career of being blue / I could dress in black and read Camus / smoke clove cigarettes and drink vermouth / like I was 17 / that would be a scream / but I don't want to get over you"

(No quiero superar lo tuyo, supongo que podría tomar una pastilla para dormir y dormir lo que me viniese en gana y no tener que pasar por lo que tengo que pasar, supongo que debería tomar Prozac, claro, y simplemente sonreírle toda la noche a alguien nuevo, alguien no demasiado brillante pero dulce y amable, que intentaría sacarte de mi cabeza. Podría dejar atrás esta agonía, que es justo lo que haría si quisiese, pero no quiero superar lo tuyo, porque no quiero superar el amor. Podría escuchar a mi terapeuta, y simular que no existes, y no tener que soñar lo que sueño. Podría escuchar a tod@s mis amig@s, y volver a salir, y simular que ya ha bastado, o podría hacerme una carrera con lo de estar triste, podría vestirme de negro y leer a Camus, fumar cigarrillos especiados y beber vermú como cuando tenía 17 años. Eso sería la pera. Pero no quiero superar lo tuyo.)

"I don't want to get over you", The Magnetic Fields

No hay comentarios: